We are all very aware of the level of concern surrounding the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak and would like to reassure you that AC Homecare is closely monitoring developments and preparing appropriate responses for the safety of our service users and team.
The current advice to Social Care Services is to aim to prevent the spread of infection. As always, our staff will maintain a high level of infection control with regular hand-washing at every visit, wearing gloves and aprons and cleaning regularly touched objects and surfaces.
We remain committed to protecting the health of all of our service users and team members and will keep you updated as the situation develops.
Stay at home to stop coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
Information:There is separate advice about:
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Useful links for further up to date information
For the most up-to-date information you can visit The Department of Health and Social Care or see the below links for various official sources.